We have been working with nine other schools in the South and West Norfolk area in a partnership formally known as:
In April 2014 Encompass was designated to be a National Teaching School. This will enhance our involvement with initial teaching training and provide further professional development opportunities for our staff.
OUR INVOLVEMENT IN SCHOOL DIRECT
The Bawburgh School is a lead school offering School Direct Salaried (SDS) placements across a consortium of schools. We work very closely with Suffolk & Norfolk School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) to provide high quality ITT which is predominantly school based. Successful candidates will be employed by one of the consortium schools for the period of training, with core training taking place every Thursday at a central location.
- high quality teacher training – Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT awarded Good with Outstanding by Ofsted 2013
- a salary while you train
- a blend of teaching experience in schools informed by high quality centre-based training
- training by experienced trainers many of whom are also classroom practitioners
- postgraduate Certificate in Education, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 60 Masters level credits
- the opportunity to excel in teaching – last year 72% of trainees qualified with a grade of ‘Outstanding’
- very good employment prospects within local schools.
Our consortium schools are spread throughout Norfolk – please see list below. If you have any queries regarding School Direct, then please visit the SCITT website for further information at www.suffolkandnorfolkscitt.co.uk
Please note :
- applications should be made through UCAS and not directly to the school
- Placements may be in any of the partnership schools. We will endeavour to keep travel time to no more than 50 minutes from an applicant’s home address.