Welcome to the Governors section of our website. The aims and values of the school at the centre of everything we do as governors. Our priority is to ensure each and every child receives the best education possible.
The Governing Board contributes to the strategic leadership of the school by working in close partnership with the Headteacher and school staff to provide both support and challenge. We are not involved with the day-to-day management of the school.
Our Governing Board is made up of a range of people with different skills and experience to support the strategic running of the school.
The core functions of governance are:
- Clarity in the vision for the school, its’ ethos and strategic direction
- Holding our executive leader to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing financial performance of the organisation and making sure the money is well spent
- Ensuring that stakeholders voices are heard
Our specific statutory responsibilities include:
- Special Educational Needs
- Pupil Premium
- PE and Sports Funding
- Health and Safety
We monitor these in a variety of ways. We read and review documents, visit the school, talk to staff, pupils and parents. We ask questions to find out what is happening and sometimes commission external advisers to seek their view. We use the School Improvement and Development Plan to ensure that the school is focussing on the right things to continue to improve and offer the best for pupils at The Bawburgh School.
If you would like to find out any more about school governance please contact the Chair of Governors via firstname.lastname@example.org